love and domestic goddessery in a cold climate

Sunday, May 13, 2012

raincloud mobile




Happy Mothers' Day!

Although my babies will always be my babies, I don't really have any tiny wee babies in my life right now. However for some reason, I was struck with the urge to make a baby mobile.

I decided on a soft plush cloud as the main part, with raindrops hanging down, and then thought, why not raindrops in a rainbow of colours?

Why not, indeed.

I made a few stencils and cut out the shapes from poplin,




sewed each one most of the way around with (tiny tiny!) blanket stitch, stuffed them and sewed them closed  -  first the cloud




and then the raindrops.



How cute do they all look together?! Ahh.




I strung the raindrops from the cloud, 




wondered who I could possibly give it to as a new-baby gift, and then for some reason...



made two more.



Hmmm.



Anybody want a raincloud mobile?

No comments:

Post a Comment